Huish Leisure World Cup 5’s Football Tournament
Rules & Regulations
Huish Leisure’s 5-a-side tournament is a one-day football tournament using traditional 5-a-side rules. We will be using official size 5 footballs and fixtures will follow the official 2018 World Cup fixtures. Captains will pull a countries name from the hat to determine their fixtures. This will take place at 9.30am.
Rules and Regulations
· All players must be 16 years+ on the day of the tournament
· Players can only play for 1 team throughout the tournament
· Each team is allowed a maximum of 7 players
· Each team must wear matching team colours
· Each game will last for 20 minutes
· Huish Leisure strongly advises you wear shin pads during your games. Any injuries that result in shin pads not being worn, Huish Leisure cannot be held responsible.
· Huish Leisure strongly advises goalkeepers wear appropriate gloves. Any injuries that result in appropriate goalkeeping gloves not being worn, Huish Leisure cannot be held responsible.
· Games will start on time. Any team that does not turn up or turn up on time will automatically lose 1-0 and will subsequently forfeit the 3 points.
· Games will last for 20 minutes on a rolling clock which will run from the referee’s watch.
· If both teams are wearing the same coloured shirts, then bibs will be provided
· Goals can be scored with any part of the body except hands and arms.
· Kick ins will be used rather than Throw-ins.
· No off sides.
· 5 players for each team must be on the pitch at any one time.
· Unlimited amount of roll on, roll off substitutions.
· Substitutions can only be made when either goalkeeper has the ball.
· Subs are to wait on the side of the pitch.
· Football Boots to be worn. (please look at the Footwear Guide)
· The goalkeeper can distribute the ball by any method.
· Pass backs to the keeper cannot be picked up nor touched by the keeper with his hands.
· The goal keeper has 6 seconds to distribute the ball from both dead starts and pass backs from penalty area from either feet or hands.
· Goals can be scored from anywhere on the pitch.
· Each player must play for one team only.
· Free kick – defending team must at least 2 meter back from where the ball is placed.
· Normal scoring and league points apply. 3 = Win, 1 = Draw, 0 = Loss.
· Team captains are responsible for the actions of all the team players
· You must inform Huish Leisure and the referee of any medical conditions prior to the match start time.
· Team captain must be present for every fixture.
· Huish Leisure Centre cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of items left in the changing rooms. Lockers are available at the Leisure Centre
· FA Small Sided Football, Laws of the Game, apply to Huish Leisure 5-a-side football tournament. Changes have been made to suit the facilities and the league. Huish Leisure will review any changes to the laws of the game.
· Red Card (major offence such as fighting or abusive behaviour) The referee will send off that player for the remainder of the tournament.
· If red cards are issued the team plays a man down for the rest of that game.
· Yellow Card (normal rules apply).
· Foul language is strongly discouraged. – Please be aware that Huish Leisure is a multi-use facility used by the whole community. Continuous foul language will result in the whole team being asked to leave the facilities.
Cancellation & Refund
· Closing dates for cancellations is Sunday 12th August 2018.
· Cancellations before this date will be entitled to a full refund.
· Cancellations after this date will not be entitled to a refund.
· In the event of bad weather, the tournament will be postponed to the following week.